These days, nobody would seriously complain about the lack of anonymity tools. Besides an impressive number of ready solutions, there are purely system-level methods of maintaining online privacy. A savvy system administrator can easily configure various traffic "roundabouts" and "detours" to conceal its source and make backtracing virtually impossible. However, all these methods usually require a great deal of knowledge and are virtually inaccessible to regular users - investigators, market researchers, NGO workers and others who need reliable anonymous surfing tools. If you are skilled enough, but are not quite thrilled by the idea of having to go deeply into an entanglement of protocols, gateways, hubs and routing tables, you should check out Mask Surf Pro. It may be just what you've been looking for!
Mask Surf Pro is an easy to use anonymous web browsing tool based on a highly complex technology called Tor. Tor is an open project aimed at providing the highest level of security for online surfers that is pioneered by some of the best network experts in the world. Mask Surf Pro makes good use of the array of encrypted Tor tunnels and distributed servers and offers you a level of protection you've never imagined. The professional edition of the application is geared for advanced users that need more control and flexibility than regular surfers. It features an ability to select the country that the software will use to emulate the user's location, which makes it possible to go around geo-specific browsing or access restrictions. Users can also specify alternative anonymity tests to be used by the application and switch between them to ensure that no real IP address is being recorded by the visited resources.
Mask Surf Pro is an ideal solution for experienced users who need the functionality of the standard edition and yet would like to be more flexible in terms of controlling specific aspects of their online activities.
» version 2.3 - posted on 2009-07-23
Added Windows 7 RC compatibility.
» version 2.0 - posted on 2008-09-02
EULA - End User License Agreement
ThankSoft License Agreement
Notice to users: carefully read the following agreement. Use of the software provided with this agreement (the "SOFTWARE") constitutes your acceptance of these terms. If you do not agree to the terms of this agreement, do not install and/or use this SOFTWARE. User`s use of this SOFTWARE is conditioned upon compliance by user with the terms of this agreement..
1. LICENSE GRANT. ThankSoft grants you a license to use one copy of the version of this SOFTWARE on any one system for as many licenses as you purchase. "You" means the company, entity or individual whose funds are used to pay the license fee. "Use" means storing, loading, installing, executing or displaying the SOFTWARE. You may not modify the SOFTWARE or disable any licensing or control features of the SOFTWARE except as an intended part of the SOFTWARE's programming features. When you first obtain a copy of the SOFTWARE, you are granted an evaluation period of not more than 30 days, after which time you must pay for the SOFTWARE according to the terms and prices discussed in the SOFTWARE's documentation, or you must remove the SOFTWARE from your system. This license is not transferable to any other system, or to another organization or individual. You are expected to use the SOFTWARE on your system and to thoroughly evaluate its usefulness and functionality before making a purchase. This "try before you buy" approach is the ultimate guarantee that the SOFTWARE will perform to your satisfaction; therefore, you understand and agree that there is no refund policy for any purchase of the SOFTWARE.
2. OWNERSHIP. The SOFTWARE is owned and copyrighted by ThankSoft. Your license confers no title or ownership in the SOFTWARE and should not be construed as a sale of any right in the SOFTWARE .
3. COPYRIGHT. The SOFTWARE is protected by United States copyright law and international treaty provisions. You acknowledge that no title to the intellectual property in the SOFTWARE is transferred to you. You further acknowledge that title and full ownership rights to the SOFTWARE will remain the exclusive property of ThankSoft and you will not acquire any rights to the SOFTWARE except as expressly set forth in this license. You agree that any copies of the SOFTWARE will contain the same proprietary notices which appear on and in the SOFTWARE.
4. REVERSE ENGINEERING. You agree that you will not attempt to reverse compile, modify, translate, or disassemble the SOFTWARE in whole or in part.
5. NO OTHER WARRANTIES. ThankSoft DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE IS ERROR FREE. ThankSoft DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY MAY LAST, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
6. SEVERABILITY. In the event of invalidity of any provision of this license, the parties agree that such invalidity shall not affect the validity of the remaining portions of this license.
7. NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL ThankSoft OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE DELIVERY, PERFORMANCE OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ThankSoft HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL ThankSoft' LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, EXCEED THE LICENSE FEE PAID BY YOU, IF ANY.
8. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This is the entire agreement between you and ThankSoft which supersedes any prior agreement or understanding, whether written or oral, relating to the subject matter of this license.